Every year, Rising for Justice welcomes talented and motivated interns to work alongside our skilled lawyers in tackling issues of social justice and equality while gaining valuable insight into the day-to-day operations of a legal services non-profit organization.
Current Undergraduate Positions
Our interns come from universities in the D.C. area with diverse academic interests and career aspirations. We offer meaningful, hands-on opportunities in the areas of public interest law, nonprofit administration, development, communications (writing, social media, graphic design), event planning, and database marketing and analytics. For Fall 2022, interns should be available to work 20 hours per week for a minimum of three months, starting the week of September 6th.
Some typical assignments include:
- Assisting with the intake process for the housing program and/or the civil protection and expungement programs
- Conducting investigations and interviewing clients and witnesses
- Testifying in court
- Updating our donor database and case management files
- Assisting with law clinic and fundraising events
- Developing content for marketing and outreach efforts
- Responding to telephone and email inquiries
- Providing additional office support as needed
Please submit a cover letter (indicating interest in either housing, civil protection order & expungement, or communications/marketing) and your resume to the Intern Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.