Every year, Rising for Justice welcomes talented and ambitious interns to work alongside our skilled lawyers in tackling issues of social justice and equality while gaining valuable insights into the day-to-day operations of a legal services nonprofit organization.
Our interns come from near and far with diverse academic interests and career aspirations. We offer meaningful, hands-on opportunities in the areas of public interest law, nonprofit administration, development, communications (writing, social media, graphic design), event planning, and database marketing and analytics.
Some typical assignments include:
- Researching statutes and case law
- Conducting investigations and interviewing clients
- Testifying in court
- Updating and making improvements to our donor database and case management software program
- Assisting with clinic and fundraising events
- Answering the main phone line and routing potential and current clients
- Sorting legal mail
- Assisting with the intake of potential clients